Today is National Book Lover’s Day.
A Bibliophile is a person who has a great appreciation for or collects books.
I love books and I love to read. Books help me to relax and escape into another world. I have a few collections, which include Stephen King, Janet Evanovich, Gregory McGuire, Jane Austen, Danielle Steele, and many classics. Romance is my favorite genre, but I do enjoy reading other genres such as biographies, historical, folklores or tall tales, and spiritual or inspirational.
I haven’t always liked to read, in fact, I hated having to do it in school. Every summer growing up, my parents made me spend at least an hour every day reading. As I’ve gotten older, I really have enjoyed reading. My husband loves to read to and he has several collections. I can read a full book in a matter of a couple hours or it has taken me up to about 2 years to finish one (I have been known to get bored with a book, move on, and go back to finish.).
Ways to Celebrate:
- Buy a new book
- Find a Book Bargain Bin
- Download a book (there are a lot of free one’s out there)
- Read a favorite book
- Join a Book Club
- Dust off and read a classic
- Find and go to a Book Signing
- If you’re an author, give away a book
- Donate a Book to school or library
- Read to a Child, a Disabled Veteran, or an Elderly Person
- Build a Neighborhood Library Stand
- Organize your book collection
- Encourage someone to read a book
- Share a book with a friend
It’s been a couple months since I finished my last book, so maybe it’s time to make a pot of tea, get in my pjs, and start another one. I have so many to choose from.